Welcome to the Multicultural Business Programs Native American Business Institute (NABI)! You are invited to explore our website and learn more about our pre-college program.
Who is this for?
Native American high school students (current 10th & 11th graders, but will accept 9th & 12th grade applicants for special consideration) interested in learning more about college and business.
What is NABI?
The Native American Business Institute is a week long, pre-college summer program for sophomore and junior Native American high school students interested in learning about college and careers in business. Participants work with MSU admissions officers, college counselors, tribal community leaders, and corporate representatives in a seven-day “business boot-camp” that prepares students for the college application process and exposes them to numerous academic and professional opportunities.
What will I gain from this experience?
• Develop time management and study skills
• Receive tips and strategies for gaining admission to college
• Learn how to navigate the financial aid/scholarship jungle
• Form lifelong friendships with other Native youth, MSU students, and MSU
• Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
• Attend corporate, cultural, and leadership development workshops
• Cultivate a deeper appreciation and understanding of diversity and its
• Foster networks with business leaders and other professionals
• Expose students to various careers and opportunities in business
• Most importantly—they learn how to WORK HARD & PLAY HARD!
This is an overview of the Native American Business Institute. To download application, please visit http://mbp.broad.msu.edu/nabi/